BAILING ON SPECIALIZED - MOVING ONTO SCOTT


The move onto a new steed has taken place. Last week I became the proud owner of a 2010 Scott Spark RC, just like the one above - even with the white tyres! In so doing I have dumped my decade long allegiance to Specialized. There have been push and pull factors in making the switch. Pushing me away from Specialized was the unresponsiveness to my queries on 2011 bikes, poor support on the Cape Epic and the apparent decline in the quality of Specialized products.

A number of factors pulled me onto the Scott, and included:
1) Good value on a 2010 Spark
2) The superb support that ProBike, the Scott SA importers provided at the 2010 Cape Epic
3) The interaction with Thomas Frischknecht and his enthusiasm for Scott and Ritchey
4) A really good duel suspension design which alot of my friends are raving about and which has stood the test of time

This report is also going to bring the curtain down on the maintenance of this website. I will still ride my Specialized hard tail to work and will still keep my Specialized E5. One Specialized (M4) will be sold, and the Marin will still do duty to work. Perhaps I will go back to Specialized some day, but, on current performance, the Scott is streets ahead. You can follow my blog on my Coega Daily Commute site.

No comments:

Post a Comment