HANGERS AS SERVICE INDICATOR


There are some indicators how to measure service. For Pizza delivery its about the time it takes. So what do we use for bicycle brands. The best question is "Have you got a replacement hanger for the rear derailler?" Use the following as a yardstick:

a) Does'nt know what a hanger is - Don't touch it
b) Promises to order one, but it never arrives - Consider changing brands
c) Has a hanger in stock - Buy that bike!

I am afraid Specialized South Africa is starting to fall in Category B. I know Specialized USA does not have that problem, but, somehow Specialized South Africa is just not with it. In preparation for the Cape Epic, I ordered a derailler hanger through Action Cycles in Port Elizabeth in December 2009. Guess what, according to the owner, Specialized South Africa are simply not delivering. Its now end of February, and I am running the risk of competing in the worlds biggest stage race without a replacement hanger. Now should I buy a new bike or should I perhaps try mail order with the USA or somewhere else? HEEEELP!!!

3 comments:

  1. Something works in great ways! A miracle - hanger brackets have now evidently arrived! Now, lets hope they have the right one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All's well, I will still be riding the M5 2007 S-Works Stumpy Hardtail. Action Cycles sorted me out with a hanger. Specialized-SA must catch a serious wake-up to ensure that the Worlds best bike brand builds market share in Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have them in stock. You started looking on the far end

    ReplyDelete