Reason 10: The GoGreenSpot.BlogSpot.com Website


The Stumpjumper Trail Crew has provided the impetus for me to get my http://gogreenspot.blogspot.com website going. The objectives of GoGreenSpot are simple namely:



Mapping cycling facilities
Green spots
Black spots

How it works is that existing and potential cycling facilities are mapped on the website. Problem areas (Black spots) are identified and then we start lobbying to have these rectified. Black spots can be anything from the removal of a stepped curb, to people littering on a portion of the trail. Green spots are where people are doing the right thing and need to be commended. The website will act as a lobby to commend such initiatives. There are simply far to few people and initiatives which simply say “Thank You”.

At this stage I am sorting out the logo’s and technology side of things and I will start uploading in the next few weeks. This is a critical aspect of my bid to get sponsorship to participate in the Cape Epic. It's hellish expensive to ride the Epic and I desperately need some support. I am confident that I can position http://gogreenspot.blogspot.com as the premier source for cycle facility information in the Port Elizabeth area, if not the country. I just need to sort the technology side of things. My draft sponsorship bid document is here

No comments:

Post a Comment