REASON 36: VARICOSE VEINS & THE EPIC


There's been alot said about cycling and legs. Should I shave? Are cyclists gay or just vain, or is it really about massage?. Everyones missing the point - what does cycling actually do to your legs. My GP specializes in removing varicose veins and joked that I could be a good candidate for surgery. Having not trained aggressively for the past four years, I figured - lets conduct an experiment. Take a pair of 46 year old legs, photograph them, train them for the Cape Epic, and then photograph them again in April 2010. Will the results of cycling enhance the look, make the legs more functional, better looking. Who knows - you be the judge. If I'm on the Stumpjumper Trail Crew, I'll let you know in 6 months time, and Ill get an expert medical opinion at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment