Reason 24: I got dropped by a GT

Today's course at the St Francis Golf Course was on the coastline at Cape St Francis South Africa. There was alot of sand, but, there were also some wide open tar road sections. I got into a bit of a battle with an old mate. I was on the M5 S-Works Hard tail and he was on a GT Carbon Marathon. My legs were starting to cramp after 44km (thats the distance of my morning commute - I am in the process of working to longer distances) and the last time I raced a 6okm distance was three years ago. Even on the tar sections he was getting away from me and in the sand, he was dissapearing into the distance. This was a course for full suspension - even with the tar sections, and it would have been great with a Stumpjumper S-Works. Now I am not blaming the bike - it would just have been interesting to see what would happen with my current form on a Stumpy S-Works full suspension!

The popular full suspension bikes are the GT Marathon, Cannondale Scalpel and Giant Anthem. There are very few Stumpjumper full suspension bikes around and it would be great to stand out with a Specialized 2010 S-Works Stumpjumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment