Reason 9: Geography Nut


Plainly put, I’m a Geography nut. Since my pre-teens I have loved maps and mapping. I now work in the Geospatial Industry with GIS in a planning role. Not only do I have fun at work, but, I also love to work with Geography in my leisure time. I bring mountain biking into my geography (or is that vice versa) at http://geotrails.blogspot.com .

Unfortunately, I have not put enough time into this site - yet. It is a fact that geospatial technologies are going to fundamentally transform mountain biking. In five years time every mobile device is going to be location aware. We will be overwhelmed with spatial data and the mountain biking industry has to work out how we can turn this into more growth for the industry, for the sport and for cycling facilities. The Garmin Edge 305, Nokia N79 (with Sports tracker) and the IPhone are potentially fantastic tools for mountain biking. The possibility of a Stumpjumper Trail Crew slot has provided the discipline for me to pursue this project and pursue it I shall!

No comments:

Post a Comment