REASON 41 : DON'T RIDE ALONE

This is golden rule number one - don't ride alone on the trail. For years I have ignored that rule and I have been lucky - so far. But, how long can that luck last. Sure, I have a few rules like:

1) Don't ride to hard

2) Always carry a phone and a GPS

3) I sometimes log my ride on the Nokia Sports Tracker and do it live.

4) Tell people where I am going


However, it's still not right. The incentives for riding alone are huge. I ride when I want and where I want. I don't wait for anyone and I do my own thing. Its also intensely educational as I listen to Podcasts constantly! However, joining the Stumpjumper trailcrew will force me to go back a few years and start riding in groups again. You cannot work on a trail crew alone and it has to be a team effort. In 1996 we used to get 200 people out on trail related work and we can definitely do it again with Specialized's assistance!

No comments:

Post a Comment