Reason 17: Never jump to Conclusions


I nearly jumped to a wrong conclusion on Specialized products - once! I bought a new pair of Specialized Pro Carbon Mtb shoes. Pride and joy, and then I found my ankles were hurting - like really bad. It got progressively worse and I was thinking BG means "Bloody Gastly". No ways could Specialized do that - on further exploration it turned out to be a lifestyle thing. Too much red wine, getting older and the disease of affluence - GOUT! Horror of horrors - hows that possible. Easy. If you head into the 40's and try and live like a twenty year old, you simply got to look at your diet. The bike can only do so much and ultimately you have to look after the body. A few months later, and hey, I'm stronger than ever. Ultimately, you need a balance between body, mind and equipment. I'll tell you all about these experiences on the trail crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment