Reason 31:I need Vision


STOLEN - BERM OPTICS: What a quandry. Twelve years ago I had Lasik surgery done to correct my short sightedness. At the time prescription glasses for sport were unheard of and the surgery led to a wonderful new lifestyle of not worrying about dirty contact lenses or fogged up spectacles. Well times change and eyes deteriorate. The trail riding was getting increasingly difficult and I was getting caught out by those unseen rocks! Yesterday I took the plunge and had more Lasik surgery. As a result I have been looking for a really good pair of mtb sunglasses. A few months ago I was in London and bought a pair of Specialized Berm's. Problem was, it got stolen out my bag on the flight home. I was in misery for months - still am. I have tried to source glasses here locally, and have had many brands - Smiths, Oakley etc. I have enquired through my local Specialized dealer but they do not stock them. They are now trying to organize a pair through the national supplier. Specialized glasses don't seem to feature on the South African market, even though the magazines indicate they should be available here! Would absolutely love to buy a pair, but, how do I buy without trying them out? I have posed the question to my local Specialized dealer - Action Cycles, and will post the response.

1 comment:

  1. Some feedback on this. Garth and Mario from Action Cycles got a pair of Berms. We agreed I did not have to take them if they did not fit or if the colour was not right. Contrary to the ones I got from London, these were simply too tight round the temples. What a pity!

    ReplyDelete